Facilitator: Sue Temme
(Registered Circle of Security Parenting Facilitators)
8 week program
Mondays: Dates TBA
7:30pm - 9:00pm
Circle of Security Parenting is a relationship based parenting program, designed especially for parents of children aged 0-5 (including expectant parents) as well as professionals working with young families. Attendees spend 8 nights over 8 weeks learning how to identify their child’s emotional needs and respond to their children in ways that are known and established to increase the child’s emotional intelligence, self-esteem and agency, behavioural resilience, sense of safety and security, and courage to explore. All of these factors are foundational to later academic and life success, and are built in the years of infancy, toddlerhood, and early childhood.
Topics covered include:
- Recognizing and meeting children’s emotional and relational needs
- Understanding why parents can react negatively to children’s emotional needs
- Supporting a child’s need for closeness and intimacy
- Supporting a child’s need for agency and independence
- Coaching parents relationally through “tantrums” and “meltdowns” of their child
- Coaching parents through responses to their child’s “acting out”.
$160.00 ($20.00 per 90 min session) +tax