In today’s world, we can no longer pretend not to know about the impact negative stress has on our lives.
With new academic studies, health surveys and newspaper articles coming out all the time, we should know by now the negative impact stress has on our emotional, spiritual, physical and mental well being.
The question is not if we should decrease the amount of negative stress in our life - it's how we will do it.
At Rivers Edge Counselling Centre we have a full team (LINK to team page) of therapists that know how to help you better manage the stress in your life. Stress counselling sessions are available in a safe, comfortable one-on-one atmosphere or as part of our Introduction to Mindfulness group sessions.
Stress Counselling Can Help You:
- Learn to slow down, so that you can be aware and accepting of your emotions at any given moment
- Develop skills to defuse emotions and thoughts that overwhelm
- Establish self care habits that will lessen the impact of stress in your life - such as exercise, meditation, yoga or tai chi, healthy eating, spiritual practices, and pursuing hobbies and interests
- Identify core beliefs that drive patterns of perfectionism and overworking
- Pay attention to the quieter voice of intuition and wisdom - which is so often drowned out by the noise of stressful living
Signs You May Be in Need of Stress Counselling:
- You often feel agitated, frustrated or quick to anger at work, out in public or at home
- You often feel overwhelmed while completing tasks
- You feel anxious a lot
- You have low self confidence
- You tend to avoid people or social situations
- You use alcohol, drugs and/or food to seek comfort
- You have unusual sleeping patterns – ie toss and turn all night
- Your stomach is often upset despite being of normal health
- You sweat a lot during everyday activities – nervousness
- You are experiencing chest pains or palpitations
- You experience stomachaches, heart palpitations and excess sweating, that are not the result of a health problem