We all know what anxiety feels like…and sometimes it can even be helpful in pursuing our goals and alerting us to the inevitable dangers of human living.
But when our natural human inclination for anxiety becomes a problem that keeps us from living the life we desire, it’s important to seek help.
Anxiety is a problem if...
- you worry excessively about work, family, money, health, school performance, or any other aspect of life
- you avoid situations or people out of fear of experiencing anxiety, panic, embarrassment, or failing to meet expectations
- you seek constant reassurance in relationships
- you find it difficult to complete tasks because of perfectionism or procrastination
- you struggle with specific phobias
At Rivers Edge Counselling Centre, we have a full team of therapists that help people overcome their anxiety disorders to live a fuller, more satisfying life.
Anxiety Counselling Will Help You:
- Uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears
- Develop new, more positive and less frightening, ways of seeing situations
- Learn how to relax whenever and wherever you are
- Develop better coping and problem-solving skills
- Find the confidence to engage in new social situations and relationships
- Relate to yourself in gentler, more compassionate ways
other helpful resources
- Anxiety Disorders Association of Canada
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- My Health Alberta
- Anxiety BC