Relationships don't come in a box with instructions. And life doesn't always give us the help we need to understand and manage them well either.
As a result, our desire for healthy relationships often goes unmet.
Whether You Long For:
- A close friend to share in life's adventures and challenges
- A life partner to love and be loved
- A renewed connection with a family member
- A community where you feel a sense of belonging
Rivers Edge Counselling Centre counsellors (link to team page)understand the inner and outer workings of relationships. They can help you discover and better understand your current or past relationships, so that your future relationships are happy, enjoyable ones for yourself and the person you’re in a relationship with. Relationship counselling sessions are available in a relaxed, one-on-one atmosphere as well as part of our couples counselling services.
Relationship Counselling Can Help You:
- Understand how past experiences of relationship may have shaped your current perceptions and expectations
- Identify patterns of thinking and core beliefs about yourself and others that may hinder your ability to establish healthy relationships
- Find the courage to be vulnerable in relationship or marriage, while maintaining good boundaries, so that real intimacy can develop
- Overcome anxious, negative thoughts about yourself that prevent you from seeing yourself as worthy of love and others from seeing the real you
- Develop your capacity for spontaneity and ease in relating to others - learn how to relax and have fun!
If you are currently in a relationship and looking for help with communication, conflict resolution or other challenges, please see our information about couples counselling