We don’t always have a name for the pain we feel.
It may be a way of living that’s been with us for a long time – or something new that’s emerged.
When we don’t have a name for something, we rely on images, metaphors, or “a sense” of how things are for us, such as:
- “It’s like I’m wandering lost through the woods”
- “There just aren’t as many colours in my life now – everything is grey”
- “I’m a ship without an anchor”
- “I wonder how many stones I will have to turn to find myself again”
- “I feel as though something heavy is weighing me down”
- “I can’t seem to find light in this darkness”
- “I’m living life without a compass, no sense of direction”
At Rivers Edge Counselling Centre we have a full team of certified therapists that have helped people just like you work through their pain. Just because you can’t put a word to what you are feeling, doesn’t mean they can’t help you figure out what is causing you pain, and help you alleviate it. Therapy sessions are available in a safe, comfortable and understanding, one-on-one atmosphere.
Talking To a Therapist Can Help You:
- Find words, images, symbols, or metaphors for your unique experience
- Understand your experience as part of your personal story
- Understand your experience as part of being human – knowing you are not alone
- Learn to share your experience with supportive people in your life – and to ask for what you really need
- Help you find inner wisdom and resources for hope and healing
- Set goals and acquire the tools you need to achieve them, in order to live the life you desire (perhaps happier, more balanced, peaceful, focused, or connected to others)
To start counselling now:
Call (780) 460-0022 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Helpful Resources
- 23 Perfect Words For Emotions You Never Realized Anyone Else Felt
- How to Deal with Uncomfortable Feelings & Create Positive Ones